20+ Weight Loss Affirmations I Used To Help Me Lose Weight
Affirmations have become somewhat of a buzz word amongst some of the most influential gen-z tik-tokin millennials across social media.
Using positive affirmations to jump start weight loss can be a vital tool for finally achieving your own weight loss success.
Buzz word or not, affirmations or the use of them, is a powerful tool to reprogram your mind which ultimately can lead to a happier and healthier version of yourself.
Why Are Weight Loss Positive Affirmations Useful For Weight Loss?
Using positive affirmations is closely related to the law of attraction.
The law of attraction is a philosophy that says “what you think, you create. Your thoughts will become your reality.”
What this means for many people who follow this philosophy is that if you focus on negativity, you will create a negative reality for yourself.
This is also true for when you focus your thoughts on the possibilities and/or the positive factors surrounding you.
If you take this philosophy with you into your weight loss journey, you’ll find the journey more possible to complete.
I’ve started and failed and started and failed at losing weight a dozen times and the one thing that remains the same is there is a large mental component required to sustain the journey long enough to see results.
How Does Positive Weight Loss Affirmations Work?
Using weight loss positive affirmations to help you lose weight, is pretty straight forward.
Like anything else–without actually putting these affirmations to daily use, they cannot work for you.
Reciting, writing, or listening to positive affirmations daily is easy to do but it does take consistency to see it’s transformative effects.
Start thinking about how you will utilize your affirmations. Will you write, recite or record/listen to your affirmations?
You can buy as many weight loss programs as your budget can allow.
You can purchase meal plans, you can buy gym memberships but if you aren’t taking care of the mental/emotional aspect of why you’ve gotten to the point of being “overweight” in the first place–none of it will work for you.
If you don’t use it, you lose it. If you’re not putting in the work to make this thing work, it ain’t gon’ work. Get it?
Without using weight loss affirmations, or some form of emotional/mental check and balance you’ll be continuously asking yourself “why can’t I lose weight?”
The most factual answer will be, you are eating far more calories than you expend.
That is the final answer, no two ways about it. But there is a woo side to why you haven’t been able to sustain weight loss.
You cannot lose any weight because you do not believe that you can lose weight.
You aren’t losing, because you don’t believe you can or will ever lose the weight for real, therefore you continue to NOT lose weight.
And this is where positive affirmations come in.
Using positive affirmations to aid in your weight loss helps you to negate some of the self perceived limitations you’ve set for yourself. Positive affirmations change your thought patterns and can help you to form healthier and more productive ways of thinking.
20+ Positive Affirmations That I Used To Help Me Lose Weight:
- I believe in myself and my ability to lose weight.
- I choose to nourish my body with food that fuels.
- I want to work hard to succeed at my goals.
- I commit to releasing the desire to eat for comfort.
- I am strong enough to do hard things.
- I am capable of doing things that feel difficult.
- I like the way I feel when I am working towards my goals.
- I am the kind of person who finishes what they start.
- I am worthy of accomplishing my goals.
- I like the way I feel when I am feeding myself food that nourishes.
- I am in control of what I put into my body.
- I love the way I feel after I’ve hit all of my daily goals.
- I see myself changing a little more each day.
- I feel best when I am keeping my word to myself.
- I am worthy of reaching my goals no matter how big they may seem.
- I am the kind of person that works hard for what they want.
- I can see how easy getting to my goals can be.
- Feeling energized is important to me.
- I accept the past, and look forward to accomplishing my goals in the now.
- I care about how food affects my health.
- I’m in control of my own destiny.
How To Use Daily Affirmations to Aid Weight Loss?
I start each day with an open journal and I write for about 3-5 minutes. At the top, I write my affirmation for the day.
When I become more aware of my thoughts and how they impact the decisions I MAKE regarding food I can stick to my goals more easily. I can become more aware of how my thoughts are either negatively or positively impacting “staying on track.”
I personally, take stock in my thoughts and listen and when I find that i’m beginning to self doubt, I repeat my affirmations.
Affirmations are simple.
There are a couple of ways you can utilize your affirmations.
- Write yours out and post them up around your home or places in your home that you frequent.
- Make a voice note repeating some of your favorites and listen to them throughout the day.
- You can just simply say them at certain intervals throughout the day or as you need them.
- The best part about affirmations is that you can utilize their power at any time of your day.
I really hope that some of these create transformative change in your life. The more consistent you can become with reciting your affirmations the easier your weight loss journey will become.
As always, I’m here if you need me.