Healthy Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake + 7 Pumpkin Flavored Recipes (Guilt Free)
‘Tis the season to……regain all the weight you’ve lost by indulging in seasonal favorites?
Nope, not I.
I intend to indulge but I refuse to let my sweet tooth, and the comfortableness of the season set me back. Like anybody else, I like pumpkin in evvvvverything this time of year.
I have pumpkin spice air freshener, pumpkin spice candles, and pumpkin spice body lotion for goodness sake! I just love the nostalgia that comes with the scent and taste of pumpkin during the fall. It reminds me of happy times with family and friends. I just love everything about this time of year BUT let’s keep it real, its about the time most of us abandon our goals.
I’m a foodie by nature but I’m serious about my goals.
What to do when there is pumpkin & sweet potato everywhere? Find the skinny alternative and make it your bestie.
Let’s dig into some of my favorite skinny treats that pack flavor and festive fall nostalgia but will not throw your regimen off track!
1. Pumpkin Smoothie
Pumpkin spice flavored protein smoothie
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond*, coconut milk or water
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or full-fat yogurt –> not dairy-free
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 scoops unflavored or vanilla protein powder of choice
- 2 tsp. maple syrup (optional-for a touch of sweetness)
- 1 cup ice
- handful of spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the container of your blender. Place the lid on top and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
To Make It SKINNY: Ditch the maple syrup. The banana makes it as sweet as it needs to be.
Maple syrup is not an alternative to sugar. Maple syrup has a ton of calories for just a small amount and even more carbohydrates.
Why I LOVE it? The consistency of this particular recipe is not too runny & not too icy & thick it’s just right.
Tip: Add unflavored fiber.
2. Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin spice flavored protein smoothie
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water or almond milk
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin
- Place the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the melted coconut oil, water and pure pumpkin to the dry mix and stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Using a spoon, add the batter to the muffin tins. Once the batter has been distributed evenly, lightly wet the backside of the spoon and smooth over the top of each muffin. Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
147 Calories, 3g fat, 30g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g sugar, 2g protein
To Make It SKINNY(er): Replace the coconut oil with applesauce, reduces cals & fats.
Sugar of choice: Def go with brown sugar. White would be sweeter but brown will do just fine.
Why I LOVE It? The nutrition facts if you keep everything as is, is the reason I love it.
3. Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin Flavored Pancakes
- 2 ¼ cups oats gluten free oats if desired
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- coconut oil or grass-fed butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high until completely mixed together and oats have broken down, about 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium-low heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil or grass-fed butter in the pan. Once the pan or griddle is hot, pour or scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on both sides and serve hot with extra bananas, extra fruit, nuts, nut butter or maple syrup.
To Make It SKINNY(er): Add 2 scoops of unflavored (or Less Naked Vanilla Whey) protein powder.
Ready To Go: This recipe is ready to go,nothing else needed unless yo;
Why I LOVE It? The recipe is complete. Nothing artificial and it’s delicious. Add that protein powder for extra greatness!
4. Pumpkin Keto Bread
Pumpkin Keto Bread
- 7 ounces of canned pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated of sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1/2 cup of golden flax meal , reground
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8×5 inch loaf pan well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar substitute, melted butter and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Next add in the eggs one at time making sure to beat until fully combined.
- To the wet batter add the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, and spices.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8-inch loaf pan. Note that batter will be thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing.
- Place the pumpkin bread in a baking rack and allow to cool an additonal 20 minutes before frosting with the cream cheese frosting and slicing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for 3 weeks.
To Make It SKINNY: It’s already as skinny as it can be without sacrificing texture, and organic pumpkin & bread taste.
Why I LOVE it? It is an authentic pumpkin flavored low carb bread.
Tip: Add unflavored fiber and/or protein powder to boost it’s fitness potential.
5. Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
I’m going to skip putting the recipe and direct you to the actual source.
THIS recipe is GOLD. Go there now!
I have created each and every one of these recipes and I am assuring you that these are the best.
If you try any of them, please let me know how you enjoyed it.